Monday, February 26, 2007

Milan Fashion Week Review

I'm not the first to say this about this year's Milan Fashion Week, but I was...disappointed. Normally Milan is my favorite, because designers seem to unleash more of their creative flair during these shows. However, this season, New York actually took the prize for that one in my book.

Anyways, on to the trends!

Well, to start off with: Milan, like the rest of the shows this season, kept it simple with a primarily neutral palette.

My favorite monochromatic looks came from Antonio Marras.

Very Elegant, no?


There's that menswear again!

Another trend that I noticed was all over the Milan runways, but was only touched upon elsewhere. That would be of course the numerous shoulder- and back-bearing dresses, which are only wonderful for fall if you're indoors, but I can see them easily translating to spring and summer as well.

My favorite back-bearing dresses are these two from Salvatore Ferragamo.

Incorporating two more trends - metallics and feminine details, such as the bow


This is possibly my favorite. It's very young looking while still being elegant.


One unique element that I would like to point out are the tights at Emporio Armani. They compliment the clothes very well, and emphasize the emerging colorblock trend. Not sure how street-worthy they are, but they were a great addition to the show.

Aren't those great?

But dear Emporio didn't stop there with the colorblock. This cute minidress was one of my favorite pieces from his collection. [Once again, it's obviously not cold-weather-ready, but that's fashion for ya]

Very tea party-esque, no?

As far as I can see right now, I don't think I'm going to be covering Paris, simply because nothing thusfar has caught my eye, but I will definitely keep you posted! There are a lot of great things happening for this blog come closer to spring, so stay tuned!

No comments: