Sunday, March 11, 2007

Applied Style: The Most Wearable Looks for Spring '07 - Part 3

For the last post in my series, I've decided to bring out the big guns: a multi-purpose outfit that happens to be one of my favorites for this season. It combines a feminine, yet casual look with two major trends: big prints and colorblock. Think it can't be done? Just look:

First, we're going to start off with this tube top from Urban Outfitters.

Lux Kyoto Tube Top, $28, Urban Outfitters


The first time I saw this top, I fell in love with the print. And then I fell in love with the price. UO seems to never disappoint me. Trendy, not pricey. I love it.
Moving on to the pants. I recommend a pair of capris that are very fitted on the leg, with no embellishments. There are many options, including denim and twill, just make sure they are some type of gray hue. Some cropped opaque tights in a semi-thick material will also work.

Now for the final touch: colorblock accessories. Pretty much anything goes in the bag department, as long as it's white with black accents. It can also be plain white as long as there are no major embellishments, such as this leather tote by Gryson.

Gryson Leather Tote, $995, Bergdorf Goodman


Of course, you're going to need some heels to top it all off, especially if you have short legs, because the capris can do funny things to them if you wear flats. These are my favorites:

Marc by Marc Jacobs Leather Peep Toe Pumps, $360, Shopbop


Also, this particular outfit is very versatile. You can pair it with a nice dark blazer if you aren't in an arm-and-shoulder-bearing climate, as well as with a pair of skinny jeans instead of the capris, using all the same principles, of course.

So what did you guys think about this series? Would you like to see more like it? Let me know!

No comments: