Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blogger is letting me down...

Okay, well, apparently I can't upload pictures right now, so my awesome fall fashion post has to wait.

But I can bore you instead with a random idea.

One thing that I would like everyone's opinion on is a question that I have been pondering for quite some time, and I puzzle over it every fashion week without coming to a successful conclusion. So, the question is: Is it a DO or a DON'T to wear a designer's clothes from previous seasons to their fashion show?

Many celebs do this, as well as mere mortals who just so happen to be fashion-forward enough to blend in with the glitterati. However, the only positive aspects of this I see are, of course, the flattery factor (maybe if I show her how much I love her designs, she'll float me some free samples?), and the quirky convenience of a walking comparison. (Oh, I've heard of this designer before but I can't for the life of me remember what her last collection looked like?)

But my opinion, overall, is that this just looks tacky and generally embarrassing. Especially for those stars who conspicuously change outfits between shows just to make sure they are showing up in a particular designer's pieces.

However, maybe a good middle-of-the-road solution would be to wear several pieces, all from different designers, and attend all of their shows the same day? I'm not sure how well that would work schedule-wise, but it would save you alot of wardrobe changes!

Go ahead and sound off your opinion in the comments. I want to hear different spins on this and other possible solutions to not look completely dumb when attempting this extreme act of flattery.

PS: Temporary change to the layout. New colors, etc. It's only until I get the time to create some new graphics and other fun stuff, but I did notice that the bright colors of the other layout were hard to see on some people's screens, so if you have any suggestions regarding viewability, let me know.

No comments: