Monday, April 21, 2008

sweet summer footwear: the gladiator

So I was browsing through my usual websites, and I found the most AMAZING treasure trove of summer footwear at reasonable prices!

Can you guess where?

That's right, one of my absolute favorite shopping sites: Urban Outfitters.

So, we all remember the boom of gladiator sandals last year, and it looks like that trend's here to stay (at least for a while.) Here are some of my choice favorite styles from UO:

Leather Circle Gladiator, $38, Urban Outfitters

Helena Gladiator Sandal, $34, Urban Outfitters


We Who See Petticoat Sandal, $58, Urban Outfitters

The first of these styles is a bit simpler version of your basic gladiator sandal, with a bit of visual interest in the form of the leather circle connecting the straps.

The second, a simpler version with a modern twist- metallic material.

The third and final, is technically not a gladiator at all, but a cute, somewhat strange interpretation of the summer classic - a thong sandal.

What I love the most about these styles is not only the variety, but the value for the price.

But my one question to all you loyal readers out there is: how best to wear these cute summer essentials? All thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated!

Till next time!!

No comments: