Monday, September 17, 2007

My Mini-Commentary: the 2007 Emmys

[I know I don't normally do features on celeb fashion, but I decided i'd break out some red carpet commentary just this once.]

There were few surprises on the Emmy red carpet this year. Actresses like Ugly Betty's America Ferrera, The Starter Wife's Debra Messing, and Law&Order: Special Victim's Unit's Mariska Hargitay always dress to impress. (By the way, can you believe she's in her 40's!?!?)
The female cast of Grey's Anatomy also know how to look sharp.

The Ever-Popular Katherine Heigl...


...and the Beautiful Sandra Oh

One of my other favorites of the evening was Weeds star Mary-Louise Parker, who we don't see photographed very often. (I love that show, by the way)

The one thing that surprised me was the outfit choice of Project Runway finalist Laura Bennett, who chose to wear a top that reads "Dress Like You Mean It," which to me does not only make no sense whatsoever, it looked completely out of place with her floor-length textured black skirt.


What do you think? Maybe it's just because I don't watch that show, or maybe it just seems like an odd statement to make on a red carpet, but I'm just not feeling this choice of wardrobe.

all photos from tv.msn.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hmmm... I don't think Laura really had to make a statement top/dress. She wasn't that kind of designer to begin with on the show!